Thursday , December 12 2019
Breaking News
Home / Tag Archives: Imports (page 3)

Tag Archives: Imports

China crude oil imports from Iran fall by 3.7% on year in Feb: Customs

BEIJING: China’s crude imports from Iran fell 3.7 percent in February from a year ago, in line with expectations for the world’s second largest crude importer, customs data showed here the other day. The imports last month from Iran were 2.04 million tonnes, or 532,400 barrels per day (bpd), up 13.5 percent from January on a daily basis, the data ... Read More »

US beef production down 6% in 2014, exports, imports facing trouble in 2015

NEW YORK: I dislike the term “perfect storm” because it is too frequently used and too casually applied to many situations. However, it is an appropriate description of international cattle and beef trade in early 2015. Several factors joined forces simultaneously to seriously impact beef exports and imports so far this year.  Total beef production decreased nearly 6 percent in ... Read More »

Japan imports 7.73m tonnees of LNG in February, shows 2.9% increase

TOKYO: Japan imported 7.73m tonnes of LNG in February, up 2.9% from the year before and a record high for the month, according to Ministry of Finance data. The increase, which follows another record import level in January, is part of a recent resurgence in Japan’s gas imports – and a stark contrast with the steady drop in gas sales ... Read More »

Taiwan exports fall in Feb, but cheaper imports may help economy

TAIPEI: Taiwan’s exports fell more than expected last month as the Lunar New Year holiday shortened the number of working days at factories and weaker commodity prices hit trade. However, modest gains in exports of electronic goods, improving demand from key markets and the falling cost of imports are likely to support growth for the domestic economy. The island’s exports ... Read More »

Malaysia’s iron ore imports jump 120.48% to 3.72m tonnes in 2014

KUALA LUMPUR: As per latest export import statistics released by the Malaysian Trade Ministry, the country’s iron ore imports surged significantly during the initial eleven months of the previous year. On the other hand, the country’s iron ore exports dropped slightly during the period. According to trade data, the country’s imports of iron ore totaled 3.72 million tonnes during January ... Read More »

Malaysia’s iron ore imports jump 120.48% to 3.72m tonnes in 2014

KUALA LUMPUR: As per latest export import statistics released by the Malaysian Trade Ministry, the country’s iron ore imports surged significantly during the initial eleven months of the previous year. On the other hand, the country’s iron ore exports dropped slightly during the period. According to trade data, the country’s imports of iron ore totaled 3.72 million tonnes during January ... Read More »

Illegal garment imports in Indonesia reach $7.8b annually: APGAI

JAKARTA: Indonesian Garment and Accessories Supplier Association, or APGAI, estimates illegal garment imports reach Rp 100 trillion ($7.8 billion) a year, on top of the Rp 10.9 trillion in second-hand imports — which are also forbidden — undermining the local garment industry. Poppy Dharsono, the APGAI chairwoman, said here the other day that illegal imports posed as the main threat ... Read More »

S Korean exports fall by 3.4% in February 2015

SEOUL: South Korea’s exports have fallen more sharply than expected in February as fewer working days and lower oil prices contributed to the largest fall in the country’s shipments overseas in two years. Exports declined 3.4% from a year earlier to $41.46 billion, following a revised 0.7% drop in January, according to provisional data at the trade ministry. The February ... Read More »

Exports R87.49bn, imports of R80.64bn: SA records trade surplus of R6.85bn in 2014

CAPE TOWN: South Africa’s trade balance‚ which includes trade with Botswana‚ Lesotho‚ Namibia and Swaziland‚ recorded a R6.85bn surplus in December after a R5.7bn deficit in November‚ South African Revenue Service (SARS) customs and excise data showed here the other day. The trade deficit excluding Botswana‚ Lesotho‚ Namibia and Swaziland was R0.68bn. The R6.85bn surplus was attributed to exports of ... Read More »

Qatar’s imports from Brazil grow by 10.6pc to $369m

DOHA: Exports from Brazil to Arab countries grew significantly in 2014, demonstrating robust bilateral trade relations. According to the most recent figures released by the Arab-Brazilian Chamber of Commerce, the total value of products imported to the Arab World from the South American country touched $13.40bn last year. ‘Aircraft and spacecraft’ emerged as the highlight of the imported products from ... Read More »

Germany import prices index falls 4.4% YOY

BERLIN: Germany import price index fell 4.4% year-on-year at the start of the year, faster than December’s 3.7% decline. Economists had forecast a 4.6% fall for the month. The latest decline was the sharpest since November 2009, when prices had fallen 5.0%. January’s decline in the index was largely influenced by the sharp 34.6% decline in energy prices from the ... Read More »

Qatar’s imports from Brazil grow by 10.6pc to $369m

DOHA: Exports from Brazil to Arab countries grew significantly in 2014, demonstrating robust bilateral trade relations. According to the most recent figures released by the Arab-Brazilian Chamber of Commerce, the total value of products imported to the Arab World from the South American country touched $13.40bn last year. ‘Aircraft and spacecraft’ emerged as the highlight of the imported products from ... Read More »

Qatar’s imports from Brazil grow by 10.6pc to $369m

DOHA: Exports from Brazil to Arab countries grew significantly in 2014, demonstrating robust bilateral trade relations. According to the most recent figures released by the Arab-Brazilian Chamber of Commerce, the total value of products imported to the Arab World from the South American country touched $13.40bn last year. ‘Aircraft and spacecraft’ emerged as the highlight of the imported products from ... Read More »

Poland cheese imports get banned in Russia

WARSAW: Russia has suspended all imports of cheese from Poland due to irregularities in “normative requirements”, said Russian consumer watchdog, Rospotrebnadzor. It said it had found that cheese produced by OSTROWIA Sp. z.o.o. did not meet the requirements of a Moscow-led customs union. Rospotrebnadzor said it had suspended the imports with effect from Feb. 20. Russia slapped a one-year ban ... Read More »

Singapore imports from Germany jump by $13.48b in 2014

SINGAPORE: New figures show that imports from Germany have jumped since 2010, though Singapore’s exports to that country have slipped a little. The figures from trade agency International Enterprise (IE) Singapore were released just as Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong concluded a visit to Germany and Spain. Three trade missions went to Germany in conjunction with the visit. About $13.48 ... Read More »

Singapore imports from Germany jump by $13.48b in 2014

SINGAPORE: New figures show that imports from Germany have jumped since 2010, though Singapore’s exports to that country have slipped a little. The figures from trade agency International Enterprise (IE) Singapore were released just as Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong concluded a visit to Germany and Spain. Three trade missions went to Germany in conjunction with the visit. About $13.48 ... Read More »

Hong Kong’s polished diamonds imports hike 8.5% to $19.592 billion in 2014

HONG KONG: Hong Kong’s polished diamond imports rose 8.5 percent year on year to $19.592 billion in 2014, according to the Diamond Federation of Hong Kong, China Ltd. Trading volume slipped 4.3 percent to 20.11 million carats. Polished exports (together with re-exports) jumped 12.8 percent to $13.744 billion, leaving net imports flat at $5.848 billion. Rough diamond imports increased 12.8 percent ... Read More »

Hong Kong’s polished diamonds imports hike 8.5% to $19.592 billion in 2014

HONG KONG: Hong Kong’s polished diamond imports rose 8.5 percent year on year to $19.592 billion in 2014, according to the Diamond Federation of Hong Kong, China Ltd. Trading volume slipped 4.3 percent to 20.11 million carats. Polished exports (together with re-exports) jumped 12.8 percent to $13.744 billion, leaving net imports flat at $5.848 billion. Rough diamond imports increased 12.8 percent ... Read More »

Indonesia to import 201m barrels of fuel in 2015

JAKARTA: The state oil and gas company, Pertamina, plans to import 201 million barrels of fuel in 2015, according to the company’s budget and work plan (RKAP). Documents provided by Pertamina to the House of Representatives’ Commission VII, which oversees energy, reveal that the volume of fuel imports in 2015 will increase by 23.4 percent from realized fuel imports in ... Read More »

Indonesia to import 201 million barrels of fuel in 2015

JAKARTA: Indonesia plans to import 201 million barrels of fuel in 2015, according to the company’s budget and work plan (RKAP). Documents provided by Pertamina to the House of Representatives’ Commission VII, which oversees energy, reveal that the volume of fuel imports in 2015 will increase by 23.4 percent from realized fuel imports in 2014, which reached 153.7 million barrels. ... Read More »