A legal loophole is allowing a dangerous chemical to flow into Australia with deadly consequences.
Liquid nicotine for e-cigarettes can’t be imported without a prescription, but a 10 News First special investigation has revealed authorities are letting it through unchecked.
The deadly chemical is a by-product of the vaping craze and it can be lethal.
In June last year, a Victorian Toddler identified only as Baby J died after ingesting liquid nicotine.
Baby J’s mother had imported it from the US.
The 18-month-old child drank it, suffered severe brain injury and died two weeks later.
Health authorities are warning it could happen again.