ISLAMABAD: Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has issued procedure of sealing of export cargo under transshipment transported by Pakistan Railways.
Sealing at focal points (entry) for transshipment containers and dry port export cargo containers transported by Pakistan railways:
- The Custom agent/carrier will lodge the TP application/ declaration in the Customs Facilitation Centre/ Transshipment Section of concerned Directorate of Transit Trade or electronically. After getting the delivery of the container, the Customs Agent/carrier will load the container on the Railways rolling stock/flat bed unit.
- After loading, the railway staff will inform PCCSS at relevant Focal Point Entry giving container numbers.
III. The PCCSS officer will take the designated machine readable seal and check it for any defect. The bar code on the seal will be scanned by using the bar code reader, and in case bar code is accepted, Transport Note (single copy) in Form-A will be printed. In case the bar code is not validated, the defective seal will be returned to the box and a new seal number will be issued by the computer.
- Once the input operation for all the containers to be sealed is completed, the PCCSS officer will collect the designated and validated seals and accompany the railways staff to the train along with the Transport notes.
- The PCCSS officer will place the, seal on the available slot on the door, making sure the correct number is placed on the correct container and that the container numbers correspond to the serial number of the bogie they are placed on.
- The Transport Note (Form-A) will be handed over to the driver/supervisor/railway official of the Transport Unit to be carried with the Transport Unit en route.
VII. In case the Transport Unit meets an accident en route or there is sufficient ground to believe that there is pilferage, replacement or substitution of ‘goods, the driver/carrier’s agent, or any enforcement unit of Customs, or the Collectorate of jurisdiction, ‘or any other person will inform the Incharge PCCSS, Special Checking Squads or any focal point. After checking veracity of the information, the Special Checking Squads or focal point, as the case may be, will inform the Incharge PCCSS through fax on Form-D and also on line immediately. The Incharge PCCSS will immediately record the discrepancy in register Form-C and may order stoppage of such Transport Unit and/or order any such action as deemed appropriate.