ISLAMABAD: Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has started scrutiny of its officials from BS-1 to BS-16 under recently introduced the Civil Servants (Director Retirement from Services) Rules, 2020.
Sources told that in this regard the FBR issued directives to chief commissioners of Large Taxpayers Units (LTUs)/Regional Tax Offices (RTOs), chief collectors and collectors of customs and all director generals of Inland Revenue and Customs to submit details of officials in BS-16 and below whose cases qualify for consideration under the Civil Servants (Directory Retirement from Service) Rules, 2020.
Necessary supporting documentary evidence may also be furnished along with these lists to the FBR by August 13, 2020 to enable the board to convene the meeting of the retirement committee.
The heads of IR and Customs have been asked to provide details of officials from BS-1 to BS-16, including:
- Name of the officer with BPS
- Date of Entry into Civil Service
- Total length of Service
- No of Average Performance Evaluation Reports (PERs) (alongwith period of PER) and name of the officer RO/CO writing such PER
- Number of adverse PERs (alongwith period of PER) RO/CO and name of the officer writing such remarks
- Placed in Category ‘C’ by CSB/DSB/DPC
- Supresessions in CSB/DSB/DPC concerned
- Not recommended for promotion in case of HPSB (number of such considerations) and years of HPSB
- Was found guilty of corruption by NAB/other investigation agency
- Entered into plea bargain or voluntary return with NAB/other investigating agency
- Has conduct unbecoming
- Any other information to be brought before the board.