Thursday , April 9 2020
Breaking News
Home / Latest News / Faisalabad: Excise collects Rs 700 million as property tax in eight months
Faisalabad: Excise collects Rs 700 million as property tax in eight months

Faisalabad: Excise collects Rs 700 million as property tax in eight months

FAISALABAD: The Excise and Taxation Department recovered almost Rs 700 million as property tax, and sealed the properties of 2,600 tax defaulters in eight months of the current fiscal year.

As per the details, the Punjab Excise director general had assigned the target of Rs 1billion to the Property Tax Branch of the Faisalabad region for this year.

To achieve the target, Excise Directors Rana Intikhab, Syed Ali Bukhtiar and Nauman Aslam of the region directed the circular inspectors to expedite the process of recovery from defaulters. The department issued more than 3,000 recovery notices to tax defaulters in eight months.

The Excise and Taxation Department has so far achieved 70 percent of the assigned target, while officials hope that the rest of the 30 percent target would be attained by the end of fiscal year.