Friday , January 24 2020
Breaking News
Home / Breaking News / Directorate of Reforms to install AIR module in WeBOC
Directorate of Reforms to install AIR module in WeBOC

Directorate of Reforms to install AIR module in WeBOC

KARACHI: The Directorate of Reforms and Automation (R&A) has started its working on “Air Information Report” (AIR) module in WeBOC, computerized system, it is learnt here.

The FBR sources informed Customs Today that the module AIR would be implemented at all airports and air freight units across the country by the month of August, 2014.

They further stated that the AIR module has nine components related to air-shipment, Import General Manifest (IGM), cargo arrival, cargo departure, terminals and others, which would be elaborated in WeBOC, computerized system.

“The Directorate of Reforms and Automation has almost completed 80 percent of upgradation work in AIR module and remaining 20 percent would be completed during the current month of July, 2014”, the sources claimed.

The sources further revealed that the upgradation of AIR module would ensure facilitation to the importers and exporters in clearing their consignments by filing Goods Declaration (GDs) on WeBOC.