How to use it
- Enter the dimensions of the packaged product (outer shipping
- Enter the carton weight .
- Enter the quantity of cartons .
Loadability of ocean containers
- 20ft container approximately 26-28 CBM
- 40ft container approximately 55-58 CBM
- 40ft HQ container approximately 60-68 CBM
- 45ft HQ container approximately 78 CBM
How To Calculate Cubic Metres (CBM) When Shipping
Determining cubic metres(CBM) is the first step you should take in determining how to ship your cargo.
- CBM Calculation Formula :
Length (centimeter) x Width (centimeter) x Height (centimeter) / 1,000,000 =
Length meter x Width meter x Height meter = Cubic meter (m3) .
e.g. 35 cm x 35 cm x 45 cm = 0.055 cbm
- CFT Formula : Length” x Width” x Height” = ? divided 1728 = Cubic feet (CFT)
- KT Formula : Pounds divided by 2204.62 = Kiloton (Kt)
Calculate the volumetric weight of your shipment
Sometimes, large items with a light overall weight can be charged
according to the space they take up on aircraft. In these cases,
Volumetric Weight, or dimensional (Dim) weight, is used to calculate
the shipment cost. It is recommended that you calculate the
Volumetric Weight for every shipment that you send, then compare
this to its actual weight. The greater weight of the two is used to
work out the price that we charge you.
International volumetric weights are calculated using the formula
(Length x Width x Height in centimeters) / 5000 = Volumetric
Weight in kilograms
Calculating the CBM
Calculate the cubic metre (or cubic foot ), volume and quantity
per shipping container .
Want to get a quick and easy calculation of how many of your
product(s) will fit in a shipping container?
Here’s a simple and fast way of doing it to get an approximate
Please note that this calculator is intended only as a quick guide.
In practice, actual loading will depend on accurate calculations based on how the items are loaded in the container and whether the dimensions of the cartons leave unusable space.
Load factors will vary based on carton size and how they are stowed inside the containers.